Have you tried Viennese keto schnitzel? The classic recipe is a favorite of many people, so we decided to prepare an alternative for people in keto mode. In fact, the recipe is no different from the one most people make with breadcrumbs, for example. You may even like it more.
We also added a suggestion for a light garnish of cucumbers and lime.
Find out what you will need to make Viennese keto schnitzel.
Viennese keto schnitzel
Schnitzel is a typical dish of Austrian cuisine and the recipe for it dates back to the mid-19th century. We will prepare it with a delicious breading of aromatic spices and Parmesan.
Necessary products for keto schnitzel:
- 4 beef chops
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 150 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp thyme
- 3-4 tablespoons ghee oil for frying
- We start with the preparation of the cutlets – if they are thicker, they need to be hammered so that they can be prepared more easily.
- In a bowl, beat the egg and cream. In a separate, shallow dish, mix the spices and parmesan.
- Heat the butter in a pan over medium heat. Dip each cutlet in the egg, then roll it in a mixture of Parmesan cheese and spices. Carefully place the meat in the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
It is good to add a light and fresh garnish to this recipe. You can also eat your keto schnitzel with sauerkraut, flavored only with salt, black and red pepper, and a little olive oil.
We offer you another, more non-standard option, for garnish to the dish. See what you will need for the salad.
Cucumber and lime salad
- 2 cucumbers, cut into very fine circles
- 4 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ tsp red pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First we prepare the dressing from the spices (without coriander), lime juice and olive oil. Mix well.
- Add the finely chopped cucumber rings to the dressing and stir.
- Finally add the coriander.
Tip: If you like the spicy taste, you can also add finely chopped hot pepper.