Today in our kitchen we have prepared 2 very tasty recipes for crispy squid in a pan. Serve with your favorite keto sauce, vegetable salad or a slice of lemon.
Squid in a pan with a crispy crust
Pan squid breaded in coconut flour, served with homemade keto mayonnaise. A low-carb dish that goes perfectly with any keto mode.
Necessary products for 2 servings of squid per pan:
- 450 grams of fresh squid, cleaned
- 1 egg
- 60 g coconut flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 60 g coconut oil for frying
- 60 g homemade keto mayonnaise
- fresh coriander, chopped
- Chili pepper
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
How to prepare crispy squid in a pan:
- In a small bowl, beat the egg. In another bowl, mix the coconut flour and spices.
- Clean, wash and dry the squid. Cut them into circles.
- Then dip them in the beaten egg, then in the flour mixture.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the squid in several portions. Do not overfill the pan. Fry the seafood for 2 minutes on the side until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve the crispy squid in a pan with chopped fresh coriander, hot peppers and lime juice or homemade keto mayonnaise.
Nutritional composition in 1 serving of crispy squid:
- Calories – 286 kcal
- Fat – 15 g
- Carbohydrates – 11 g
- Protein – 22 g
Greek squid in a pan
Crispy and perfectly seasoned fried squid in Greek. A favorite Greek appetizer that is served in every fish restaurant in Greece. It is definitely worth preparing at home.
Necessary products for 4 servings of squid in Greek:
- 700 g of squid
- 100 g almond flour
- 50 g coconut flour
- 2 tbsp salt
- ½ tsp red pepper
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying (coconut or ghee)
- Lemon for serving (optional)
How to prepare squid in a pan in Greek:
- Clean the squid and wash them thoroughly.
- Using a sharp knife, cut them into rings approximately 1 cm thick. Place them on a paper towel to drain off excess water.
- Mix salt, red pepper and oregano in a bowl together with the almond and coconut flour. Season the squid with the resulting mix.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil (or other fat) in a medium-deep pan. Fry the squid for about 2-3 minutes on the side until golden.
- Remove the fried squid with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to drain off excess fat for 1-2 minutes.
- Season to taste if necessary.
- Serve the breaded squid in Greek with squeezed lemon if desired.
Nutritional value in 1 serving of breaded squid in Greek:
- Calories – 330 kcal
- Carbohydrates – 33.6 g
- Fat – 6.5 g
- Protein – 32 g
How to prepare perfect fried squid?
- When we prepare such a simple but also very tasty dish like fried squid, the secret is in the use of quality and fresh seafood.
- We can cut the squid into slightly thicker rings or fry them whole.
- Allow the cut pieces to dry on a paper towel before breading.
- Squid seasoning spices are a matter of preference. A pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper are a traditional mix. The addition of fresh herbs (such as oregano) and spices (such as paprika) will certainly improve the taste of the finished dish.
- The breading makes the squid appetizingly crunchy. Use almond or coconut flour, or a combination of both.
How to fry squid?
- For frying squid, choose extra virgin olive oil, coconut or ghee.
- Heat the fat over medium heat. The perfect temperature for cooking fried squid is 170 degrees. Check that the fat is heated with a thermometer or by dipping a squid. If it starts to crack, it means that the fat is hot enough and you can start frying.
- Do not overfill the pan. If you put too many squid, they will not fry evenly.