Today we prepare a light meal, loaded with useful ingredients and low-carbohydrate – keto parsley meatballs with cowboy sauce and fresh cheddar salad. Rich in aromas, this combination will saturate you and will enter your regular keto menu.
We start with the preparation of the meatballs.
Recipe for parsley keto meatballs with mushrooms
One meatball contains about 2 g of carbohydrates. The recipe is for about 16 pieces.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 g mushrooms mushrooms
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 bunch fresh onions
- 150 g ground walnuts
- 2 bunches fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tbsp husk
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a pan. Add the chopped mushrooms, garlic powder, chopped green onions, ground walnuts and chopped parsley. Saute until the mushrooms are soft.
- Transfer the sauteed vegetables to a blender, add the coconut flour, tomato paste, husk, salt and oregano. Mash and transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil in a pan. Form the meatballs with your hands – you should get about 15-17 pieces from the mixture.
- Fry them in the pan for about 5 minutes, turning them with a spatula.
- Transfer them to baking paper and place them in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
- Your parsley meatballs should be brownish and crispy on the outside.
You can also make them with breaded egg with mixed husk and almond flour.
- Zucchini meatballs with cheddar
- Baked meatballs with tuna
- Spinach meatballs with almond flour
- Eggplant meatballs
- Chicken keto meatballs with cream sauce and broccoli
Here is the sauce recipe for your keto parsley meatballs.
Cowboy Sauce Recipe
- 200 g of butter
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2-3 sprigs of parsley
- A few sprigs of chives
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp horseradish (optional, gives a spicy taste)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp red pepper
- Pepper to taste
- A pinch of hot chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking cream
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a small bowl. Add to it all the ingredients, except the cream. Stir until the aromas are released and the onion and parsley soften.
- Before serving, add the cream and stir until the sauce thickens. You can also use a blender for this purpose.
If your sauce does not thicken, you can apply the technique as in the preparation of homemade mayonnaise. Beat one egg in a narrower and taller bowl (jar, etc.) and while mashing the egg with one hand, slowly pour the sauce in a thin stream with the other.
Cowboy sauce is also extremely suitable for flank steak, teriyaki chicken or pork chop.
Why did we add horseradish to the sauce?
Adding horseradish to the dishes gives them a pleasant spiciness. Dried root is used as a strong stimulant for the digestive system.
A compress can also be made from horseradish root to soothe the symptoms of arthritis or dermatitis.
Vegetarian keto salad with cheddar and cherry tomato
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (preferably homemade)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh parsley
- 3 boiled eggs
- 100 g of cheddar cheese
- 1 lettuce
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tbsp mustard
- First prepare the dressing. Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, dry spices and chopped parsley.
- Chop the lettuce with your hands and place it in a bowl. Cut the eggs, cherry tomatoes, cheddar and cucumber into cubes. Arrange them to your liking on the lettuce. Put the mustard in the middle.
- Pour over the dressing when serving.