We combined a recipe for juicy keto enchiladas with lava cake for dessert. The dessert is extremely easy to prepare, although the name makes us difficult in the kitchen. So, for a negative time, we will have prepared dinner. In addition, the recipe for lava cake is for 1 serving, you can estimate how much you want to make and not waste unnecessary energy and products. And as fans of desserts, we will start first with the recipe for lava cake.
Keto lava cake
The name of this dessert comes from its liquid center, which, when cut, flows like lava on the slopes of a volcano. A spectacular mini cake that we can prepare quickly and easily, with selected healthy ingredients – without flour and without sugar.
Necessary products for 1 serving of lava cake:
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon steviola powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp liquid cream
- ½ tsp steviola vanilla
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- A few raspberries for decoration
- Mix cocoa and steviola powder.
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl and pour it over the cocoa mixture. Add the cream. Stir, add baking powder, steviola with vanilla and salt.
- Mix until homogeneous. Grease a single muffin tin and pour the mixture into it.
- Bake at 170 ° C for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve your lava cake hot with a ball of keto ice cream – you will find the recipe for it in our blog. Decorate the top with fresh raspberries.
Keto enchiladas with chicken
The enchiladas recipe has Mexican roots dating back to Mayan times. In early times, the recipe was simpler: small fish were wrapped in cornbread. Their consumption was easy – you can eat on foot and anywhere. Enchiladas are currently a popular street food in Mexico, considered more of a breakfast than a main course.
We prepare the recipe with zucchini instead of cornbread, which makes it a low-carb and healthy meal.
Necessary products for 6 enchiladas:
- Meat of 3 cooked chicken legs, chopped into small pieces
- 4 large zucchini
- 100 g parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh onions
- 1 tsp dry garlic
- ½ s.l. chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream for serving
- Fresh coriander to serve
For enchilada sauce:
- 90 g of ghee oil
- 350 g of tomato puree
- ¼ tsp hot red pepper
- 2 tsp oregano
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp steviola powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a pan and add all the ingredients without the tomato paste. Saute for about 3 minutes until the aromas are released.
- Add the tomato puree and stir. Simmer for about 5 minutes. If you want your sauce to be thinner, add a little water to the mixture.
Preparation of chicken enchiladas:
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C and grease a rectangular baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat and add the chopped fresh onions. When soft, add the garlic, chili, cumin and chicken, along with about 150 g of enchilada sauce. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the zucchini tortillas. Using a wide peeler, make wide strips of zucchini. For each enchilada, take 4 strips and arrange them next to each other, slightly overlapping them.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture and place it at one end of the strips. Roll into a tight roll and arrange in the pan until it is full.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the zucchini rolls and grate the parmesan on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until the cheese is slightly melted and browned.
- Serve the dish hot, with sour cream and fresh coriander.