Keto pizza with coconut flour for bread – this is how we prepare the recipe for Margarita pizza with low carbohydrate content. Crispy crust, red tomatoes, soft mozzarella cheese and fragrant fresh basil – add more of your favorite low-carb products to make the pizza even tastier.
Mini keto pizza with coconut flour – Margarita
We love to make this delicious mini pizza with coconut flour – Margarita. Create the most delicious and crunchy mini pizzas by adding fresh herbs and spices, fresh vegetables, fish or meat.
Preparation time: 10 + 15 minutes
Servings: 4 servings of 2 pizzas
Nutritional composition in 1 serving: 8 g net carbohydrates, 39 g fat, 23 g protein and 485 calories
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons homemade keto mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp ghee butter
- 8 tablespoons tomato paste, pesto or cream cheese
- 12 olives, chicken, shrimp or cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano, fresh basil or spinach
- 220 g grated mozzarella cheese
- 40 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Method of preparation:
Pizza marshmallows with coconut flour – Margarita:
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and mix with the homemade keto mayonnaise, stir until smooth.
- In another bowl, mix the coconut flour, baking powder, salt and onion powder.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the liquid and mix until smooth. Set aside for a few minutes.
- Heat the ghee butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Pour the dough into the pan, forming small pizza trays with a diameter of about 8 cm. Fry for about 1 minute on each side or until golden. You should get about 6-8 mini swamps.
- Place the mini trays on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Garnish the pizzas and bake:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Spread each mini pizza pan with tomato puree, pesto or cream cheese.
- Garnish with your favorite products (chicken, shrimp, olives, cherry tomatoes or others).
- Season with salt, pepper and basil or oregano.
- Add grated mozzarella cheese, parmesan and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese melts and the pizzas acquire a nice color.
- Serve a portion of 2 pieces of mini pizza with coconut flour Margarita and enjoy the crunchiness and pleasant taste of the dish.
Keto pizza with coconut flour – Margarita
Want to make the most delicious low-carb pizza dough? This version of the pizza pan with coconut flour and psyllium husk fiber is ideal and is prepared very quickly.
Preparation time: 20 + 20 minutes
Nutritional composition in 1 pizza: 11 g net carbohydrates, 70 g fat, 42 g protein and 914 calories
- 95 g coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons psyllium husk fiber
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 475 ml of hot water
- 280 g fresh mozzarella cheese
- 170 g of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method of preparation:
- In a bowl, mix the coconut flour, psyllium husk, baking powder, salt and pepper, stir.
- Add olive oil and half of the hot water, mix well.
- Form two balls of dough with your hands.
- Place the ball between two sheets of parchment paper and roll out a loaf 1-2 cm thick.
- Bake the pizzas on the grill or in the oven.
- Heat the grill for 20-30 minutes on low heat with the lid closed.
- Grease the grill with a little fat to make sure the pizzas don’t stick.
- Grease the marshmallows on one side with olive oil, then place it on the grill to bake.
- Close the lid and bake for about 5 minutes, being careful not to burn, but to acquire a nice crispy crust.
- Spread olive oil on the other side and turn the marshmallows to bake on the other side.
- Transfer the tops to a plate and garnish with fresh mozzarella, chopped tomatoes and fresh basil.
- Return the pizzas to the grill, close the lid and bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Pizza in the oven:
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
- Place the prepared pizza toppings in a tray covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from oven and garnish.
- Then bake for another 10 minutes or until the edges of the marshmallows acquire a nice golden color and the cheese melts.
- Serve the pizzas and season with salt, pepper, fresh basil, tomato slices and olive oil.
A few culinary tips
- You can garnish the pizza with your favorite products. Add seafood, meat or vegetarian products (green peppers, hot peppers or artichokes). Other good alternatives are bacon or tuna.
- As for the cheese, the mix of mozzarella and parmesan is a great option, but you can also use cow’s cheese and yellow cheese. If you like more fragrant cheeses, blue cheese, feta or goat cheese will add a gourmet touch to the dish.
- For more flavor, do not hesitate to flavor the pizza dough with additional spices. Garlic powder, oregano or paprika make pizza marshmallows even tastier.
- The absorbency of coconut flour and psyllium husk fibers varies depending on the brand of product you use. This means that it is best to add hot water little by little until the dough reaches the desired consistency.
History of Margarita Pizza
The city of Naples, southeastern Italy, is officially known as the birthplace of the popular pizza. In 1889, Queen Marguerite of Savoy and King Umberto visited the city of Naples. To impress the queen, the locals prepared Italian pizza, which was garnished with fresh basil, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese.
The products they chose were not accidental – their colors symbolized the flag of Italy – green, white and red. This pizza became a favorite of the queen, so it was named after her. Margarita Pizza is one of the most famous pizzas in the world today.