Summer comes with refreshing and toning drinks such as keto mocha with chocolate and frappuccino with almond milk. Their low-carbohydrate content allows you to grab a glass on the beach and enjoy the caffeine freshness and the summer sun in sync.
Let’s see what you will need to prepare them.
Recipe for keto mocha with mint and chocolate
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Carbohydrates per serving: 7 g
- 150 g liquid cream
- 1 bar of chocolate with steviola
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp mint extract
- 1 ½ steviola powder
- 100 ml of brewed coffee
- Ice cubes
- 50 ml of liquid cream, whipped into snow
- Fresh mint leaves
- Put the cream and chocolate in a bowl on medium heat and melt them, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and add cocoa, mint extract, steviola and brewed coffee.
- Stir until homogeneous.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
There are 2 serving options:
- Put ice in 2 cups, pour your keto mocha with mint and chocolate on top, and decorate with a little whipped cream and fresh mint leaves.
- Put the cooled flour, along with the ice, in a blender and beat. Again, you can decorate with whipped cream, as well as sprinkle with cinnamon.
What does mocha mean and where does it come from?
Coffee mocha, also known as moccasin, is the chocolate version of latte coffee.
Mocha coffee beans are known for their chocolate flavor, which leads to different versions of the recipe, which includes chocolate separately.
The reason is that in most cases coffee varieties are used under the common name Arabica, which are cultivated in different parts of the world. But they are not this special mocha variety.
Therefore, when traveling, ask if the mocha is made according to an original recipe, with varieties of grains from the city of Mocha.
As with the latte, the mocha coffee recipe includes espresso and milk (or cream, in our case) with added chocolate.
Recipe for keto frappuccino with almond milk
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Carbohydrates per serving: 7
- 120 ml of brewed and cooled coffee
- 80 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 60 ml cooking cream, liquid
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons steviola powder
- 1-2 tablespoons MCT coconut oil (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
If desired, you can add whipped cream when serving, as well as enrich the taste of frappuccino with cocoa powder.