Make keto homemade biscuits so that you always have a ready-made dessert and do not resort to unhealthy and high-carbohydrate sweet temptations. These delicious keto biscuits have a pleasant crunchiness, pleasant aroma and taste of hazelnuts and chocolate, and the sweetness comes from the natural sweetener stevia.
Recipe for keto homemade biscuits
The perfect dessert for any occasion are keto homemade biscuits with a crunchy texture and a seductive combination of flavors – nuts, butter and chocolate.
Preparation time: 3 hours and 10 minutes
Servings: 20 keto homemade biscuits
Nutritional composition in 1 biscuit: 3 g net carbohydrates, 12 g fat, 4 g protein and 128 calories
- 4 tablespoons ghee, at room temperature
- 90 g of steviol powder
- 240 g of almonds or tahini hazelnuts
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30 g almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 90 g chocolate with stevia, cut into small pieces
- Sea salt flakes, for serving (optional)
Method of preparation:
- Cover the bottom of 2 trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- Put the ghee butter in a bowl and beat it with an electric mixer for about 30 seconds.
- Add the sweetener and beat until the mixture is light, fluffy and smooth.
- Pour in the almond or hazelnut tahini and continue to beat until well combined.
- Beat the egg in the bowl, add the vanilla extract and continue beating with the mixer.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sifted almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt. Mix all the ingredients so that no lumps remain.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ones and beat on the lowest speed of the mixer until mixed.
- Pour the pieces of chocolate with stevia and mix with a rubber spatula.
- Cover the biscuit dough with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Scrape the mixture with a tablespoon and form small balls. Arrange them in the prepared trays, 10 in each, at a distance of about 5 cm from each other.
- Place the pans in the freezer for 15 minutes, then remove them and bake directly in the preheated oven for about 6 minutes.
- Then remove the pan and gently press each biscuit with the back of a spoon to make it flat.
- Return the pan to the oven and continue baking for another 6 to 8 minutes or until the biscuits begin to brown at the edges.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with sea salt and allow to cool completely in the pan for about 1 hour.
- Serve the delicious and crunchy keto homemade biscuits and enjoy them.
- Store the delicious keto homemade biscuits in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Freeze the cookie dough in a sealed bag for up to 3 months, then bake directly after removing it from the freezer.
Why do we use stevia to make the recipe for keto homemade cookies?
Stevia is an herb from which a sweet extract is extracted, which is widely used as a substitute for table sugar. Although stevia tastes sweet, it does not contain calories.
Stevia is much sweeter than sugar and, to be precise, as much as 300 times. It is therefore used in much smaller amounts for sweetening. In the past, it was even used as a medicine to improve the health of the oral cavity.
In addition to all these positive qualities, it is a rich source of vitamin C, vitamin A and B vitamins, as well as the minerals potassium, iron, zinc, calcium and magnesium.
Now are you sure why use stevia instead of sugar. If you haven’t already, we’ll tell you that stevia normalizes and maintains blood sugar and insulin levels without raising them. Sugar is the one that leads to peaks and troughs after consuming products containing it.