Avgolemono is the name of this delicious Greek chicken soup. It is traditionally prepared with rice or orzo, chicken, vegetables, eggs and fresh herbs. It is built with lemon and eggs. We use suitable low-carbohydrate products and instead of rice we chose cauliflower.
Keto Greek chicken soup with lemon and eggs
Creamy, light and delicious Greek chicken soup with cauliflower, eggs and lemon flavor. In just 30 minutes you will have a filling meal low in carbohydrates.
Preparation time: 10 + 20 minutes
Хранителен състав в 1 порция: 5 г нетни въглехидрати, 38 г мазнини, 30 г протеин и 485 калории
- 450 g chicken legs
- 950 ml chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 350 g cauliflower
- 140 g of ghee butter
- 4 eggs
- Juice and peel of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, thyme or parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method of preparation:
- Boil the chicken legs in a saucepan of water, removing the foam.
- Then strain the broth and cut the legs into thin pieces.
- Bring the pot of broth and bay leaf to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for at least 10 minutes.
- During this time, blend the cauliflower until you get pieces the size of rice.
- Pour it into the pan, raise the heat, add the ghee and continue cooking until the cauliflower is soft.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop with a ladle of soup and pour into the bowl with the eggs in a thin stream and stirring constantly.
- Remove the soup from the heat and pour the egg mixture into it, stirring constantly.
- Return the pan to the hob and simmer the soup until it thickens slightly but does not boil.
- Mash the soup until smooth, then pour the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve keto Greek chicken soup with grated lemon peel and finely chopped fresh dill, parsley or thyme.
This keto Greek chicken soup is not only very tasty, but also rich in useful nutrients. Healthy, thanks to the vegetables contained in it, useful fats and appetizing chicken broth. All these ingredients make it very filling.
The soup is great to serve both hot and cold, regardless of the season, as it is very nutritious. Lemon and vegetables in the recipe are refreshing and useful.
The recipe is suitable for people who follow a keto or other type of low-carb diet. Free of gluten and lactose.
Tips for preparing and storing keto Greek chicken soup
- Store the remaining keto Greek chicken soup in airtight jars in the refrigerator. Consume within 3-4 days and reheat without boiling.
- You can freeze and consume the soup within 3 months.
- Add grated parmesan for an even more creamy texture.
- Use spiral zucchini or add them, cut into cubes.
- Make the soup even more colorful by using colored peppers – yellow, red, green.
- A few sprigs of celery or a bunch of fresh onions will add a very pleasant aroma and taste to the otherwise appetizing keto Greek chicken soup.