This simple keto egg salad is easy to make and super satisfying! With only 3 ingredients, this is a fast food that will fill you up for hours. It is also ideal for a quick egg!
I needed a few recipes to enjoy while fasting eggs, so I came up with this keto egg salad. This is the perfect combination of eggs and healthy fats. In addition, the dish is very satisfying and will not make you feel bloated or heavy.
Even better, you only need 3 ingredients plus salt and pepper. This is one of the easiest recipes for quick eggs!
I like to use my mayonnaise with coconut oil. Beating takes about 5 minutes and stays fresh in the refrigerator for up to a week
Of course, you can use any mayonnaise you prefer. I would recommend choosing one made with healthy fats if possible. It is best to avoid seeds as they cause inflammation.
I kept the spice very simple with ground mustard, salt and pepper. This dish is so creamy and satisfying, I didn’t think it needed anything else.
You can add other spices. You can also add a little red or green onion. Just be careful how many onions you use to keep keto this egg salad recipe.
Personally, I recommend you try this dish first to see what you think!
How to make keto egg salad for egg fast
This dish is great to prepare when you are in a hurry because there are only a few easy steps.
- Boil 8 eggs hard. You can use an egg pot, Instant Pot or boil them firmly in a saucepan on the stove. Once the eggs are cooked, place them in an ice bath for 1-2 minutes before peeling.
- Prepare the bandage. If you use, make a batch of my coconut oil mayonnaise. You can use any mayonnaise, but those made with healthy fats such as coconut oil or avocado oil are recommended.
- Cut the eggs. The egg cutter is the fastest way to cut them. But a knife can also be used.
- Put the eggs, mayonnaise and spices in a bowl. I add only ground mustard, salt and pepper. But other spices such as onions and paprika are great additions to egg salad.
- Combine the ingredients. Using a fork, mix the mayonnaise and spices until well combined, beating the eggs if necessary. Adjust the spices to taste.
The dish is ready to enjoy! All residues can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
What are all egg salads?
The main ingredients are eggs and mayonnaise. But not all egg salads from the grocery store or cafe are suitable for keto.
Unfortunately, it is difficult to know what has been added. Other recipes may include sugar, especially if made with a miracle whip.
I would be wary of ordering an egg salad from a restaurant or delicacy if you don’t know what’s in it.
What to eat with keto egg salad
Wondering how to eat your egg salad? The answer is simple: as you wish!
To keep it keto-friendly, pair it with other low-carb foods. Lettuce is a good option that adds some crisis.
You can also enjoy it as a sandwich. I have a lot of options for keto bread recipes that would be perfect with it.
Personally, I think the egg salad is delicious in itself. It is simple, creamy and will keep you happy thanks to all the healthy fats. So you can just eat it straight from the bowl!
Egg salad for keto egg fast
Want to try a quick egg?
If you haven’t heard before, the quick egg is very simple. For 3-5 days, eat eggs for each meal. Eat 1 tablespoon of fat with each egg and you can have up to 1 ounce. egg cheese.
Egg fasting can start weight loss and help break down the fabric. They are very popular in the keto community.
I recently discovered that I have an intolerance to egg whites, so I no longer do egg fasts. However, when I tried them in the past, I had great results! So you will find many recipes for quick eggs on my site.
And this low carb salad is perfect for an egg on an empty stomach! If you are planning to try it, this is a great recipe to prepare.
Other low carb recipes to try
Looking for even more ways to enjoy eggs? Check out some of these favorite recipes:
- Quiche of broccoli without peel takes only minutes to prepare and is a delicious way to enjoy breakfast all week!
- Low-carbohydrate eggs Benedict combines poached eggs with bacon or ham and Dutch sauce for a quality meal in the restaurant.
- Baked eggs with butter and cheese are perfect for a quick egg and make a quick, tasty dish!
- Tuna egg salad made with sour cream is an easy way to add more protein and flavor to your egg salad.
- Keto cream pudding is a dessert approved for fast eggs, which is creamy and delicious!