Cream soup with pickles – an inspiration from Polish cuisine, but in a keto version. In our latitudes, pickles are a favorite and are present on the table almost all year round. Most often we eat them directly from the jar or add them to salads.
Today we will use them for cream soup – you will be surprised by the taste of non-standard combinations. And you will not have to pour the juice from pickles.
Recipe for keto cream soup with pickles
The recipe also includes cauliflower for a smooth texture when blending.
- 2 tablespoons ghee oil
- 1 stalk of leek
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 stalk fresh onion
- 1 jar pickles
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 500 g cauliflower
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ l homemade chicken broth
- 100 ml cooking cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
Preparation of cream soup with pickles:
- Put the pan on medium heat and heat the butter until it melts.
- Add the chopped leeks, celery and fresh onions. Stir until soft.
- Season with garlic powder and stir.
- Cut the cucumbers, leaving one for garnish, and add them to the pan. Do not pour the juice from them, set it aside. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add sliced and peeled cauliflower, season with salt and pepper. Stir.
- Pour the juice of pickles and chicken broth, stir and bring to a boil.
- Let the soup boil until the vegetables are well softened.
- When ready, remove from the heat and use a kitchen blender or blender to make it creamy.
- Add the cooking cream to the cream soup and mix well until completely mixed.
- Return to the hob and let the soup boil.
- When ready, remove and serve with chopped pickles and fresh parsley.
We offer you appetizing cheese crackers with your pickle cream soup. See an easy recipe for their preparation in the following lines.
Recipe for keto cheese and bacon crackers
- 150 g grated mozzarella
- 100 g grated cheddar
- 100 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 100 g cooked and sliced bacon
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 185 degrees.
- Beat the cheese and eggs together, add the chopped bacon and mix well.
- Place baking paper on a baking tray and place with a spoon at equal distances from the mixture, forming it into circles.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheeses are melted and a golden crust forms.
The combination between these crackers with keto cream soup with pickles is rich in flavors and very appetizing.
Are pickles useful and with what?
Consumption of fermented foods can have a positive effect from insulin resistance to inflammation. Studies show that sauerkraut, one of the world’s most popular fermented foods, has anti-cancer benefits. While regular consumption of yogurt reduces the risk of obesity.
Pickles, which have also undergone a fermentation process, in combination with vinegar and spices are rich in nutrients. Like the antioxidant beta-carotene, which our body converts into vitamin A.
Drinking pickle juice can help people who follow a ketogenic diet maintain their electrolyte balance.
Fermented foods such as cabbage, zucchini and various pickles can increase your intake of antioxidants. They also help with digestion because they are rich in probiotics – bacteria important for gut health.