Chicken meatballs – a different look at chicken. Flavored with a bouquet of aromatic spices and served with a creamy sauce and crispy broccoli. Tomatoes, basil and parmesan in combination are an explosion of pleasant flavors.
Recipe for keto chicken meatballs with cream sauce and broccoli
We need fresh low-carbohydrate ingredients to prepare the recipe. Its preparation does not take much time, and the result is a divinely delicious dish.
Here are two ways to cook – one in a pan and the other in the oven. Choose the right one according to your taste. Let’s not waste any more time, but let’s start with the preparation of the recipe.
Necessary products for the preparation of keto chicken meatballs:
- 600 g minced chicken (or turkey)
- 1 egg
- 60 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil or a few fresh leaves
- 30 g dried tomatoes in olive oil (without sugar)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the creamy cream sauce:
- 300 cooking cream
- 1 tablespoon homemade tomato puree (without sugar)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 450 g broccoli
- 50 g ghee butter per serving (optional)
- fresh dill
How to prepare the dish:
- Start by preparing the chicken meatballs. To do this, mix in a bowl the minced chicken, egg, grated Parmesan cheese, spices, sun-dried tomatoes and olive oil. Mix all the ingredients and form 10 or 12 small meatballs.
- Heat some olive oil in a large non-stick pan and fry the chicken meatballs. Leave a little space between them. Fry over medium heat, often turning the meatballs until they are fried on all sides. The time it will take you to fry all the chicken meatballs is about 15 minutes.
- Add the cream and homemade tomato paste (no sugar). Simmer the mixture over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add dried or fresh basil.
- Boil the broccoli in slightly salted water for a few minutes.
How to make homemade tomato paste?
For the preparation of homemade tomato paste without added sugar we need tomatoes, dried oregano, basil, salt and lemon juice.
Peel a squash, grate it and simmer until the juice evaporates. After about 10 minutes, add the spices, and after the puree has cooled, add the lemon juice.
2 options for serving the dish:
Serve the broccoli together with the chicken meatballs with cream sauce. Garnish as desired with fresh dill and pieces of ghee for taste and pleasant aroma.
Option 2 (bake in the oven):
Pour the chicken meatballs with the cream sauce into a lightly greased pan with ghee. Add the cooked broccoli and stir.
Put a few pieces of ghee in different places.
Bake the dish in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 10 minutes or until you get a light and pleasant tan.
Serve keto meatballs with cream sauce and broccoli garnished with fresh dill.
Nutritional value in one serving of chicken meatballs with creamy sauce and broccoli:
- Calories – 834
- Net carbohydrates – 9 g
- Fat – 72 g
- Protein – 39 g
Why include broccoli in the recipe?
Broccoli has a unique nutritional composition. They are low in carbohydrates and contain almost no calories. In 100 grams there are only 6 grams of carbohydrates and 37 calories.
Broccoli is a rich source of antioxidants that are important for neutralizing free radicals in our body. It is thanks to their content that our cells remain healthy.
This valuable vegetable contains many useful vitamins and minerals. Some of them are vitamins C, A, E, group B and the minerals chromium, iron, selenium, zinc and others. All of them favor the work of many functions in our body.
In addition, broccoli is a source of soluble fiber, which helps reduce bad cholesterol levels.