Today we are in the kitchen to prepare keto burgers, which are not only useful, but also very tasty and filling. They are low in carbohydrates, which means they will not raise blood sugar levels quickly. They cook quickly and are eaten in minutes.
Recipe for keto burgers with beef meatballs and cheddar cheese
Finally we will be able to enjoy a burger that has a divine taste and is much healthier and suitable for keto eating.
Necessary products for beef meatballs:
- 600 g ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp ghee
For the homemade keto sauce:
- 55 g of keto mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
To assemble the burgers:
- 4 keto burgers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 120 g of bacon, thinly sliced
- 60 g of lettuce
- Fresh basil
- 40 g cucumbers
- 120 g tomatoes, cut into 4 slices
- 85 g of cheddar cheese, cut into 4 pieces
How to prepare keto burgers:
First, prepare keto burgers or use fresh lettuce leaves if you don’t have enough time.
- Then make the beef meatballs. To do this, mix in a bowl the ground beef, garlic and onion powder, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Form from the resulting mixture 4 meatballs with a thickness of 1 to 2 cm.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a hot pan and fry the beef meatballs. They should start chirping as soon as they touch the pan. Fry until crusty, then turn and cook on the other side (about 2-3 minutes).
- In the same pan, fry the pieces of bacon, cut lengthwise, until browned and crispy. You can bake them in the oven instead of frying them.
Homemade keto sauce for burgers
- Prepare burgers sauce by mixing homemade keto mayonnaise, tomato paste and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and stir.
Assembling the keto burger:
- Cut the keto burgers in the middle. Grease them with melted butter and bake in a hot pan for about a minute or until browned and crispy.
- Spread each loaf with about 2 teaspoons of keto burgers sauce.
- Place on top a few slices of cucumber, chopped lettuce and fresh basil leaves.
- Put the beef meatballs, 1 slice of tomato and 1 piece of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for about a minute in a preheated oven until the cheese is melted. Another option is to put the piece of cheddar on the beef meatball as soon as you take it out of the pan.
- Garnish with 2 pieces of bacon and close the burger with keto bread.
- Optionally, serve keto burgers with vegetable salad.
Food composition in 1 keto burger:
- Calories – 887 kcal
- Carbohydrates – 18.2 g
- Fiber – 9.4 g
- Net carbohydrates – 8.8 g
- Fat – 72.1 g
- Protein – 47 g
Here are some tips for making keto burgers:
- You can make smaller or larger burgers.
- Serve alone or with a bowl of lettuce.
- Do not add cheddar cheese to the recipe if you have lactose intolerance.
- Use a variety of vegetables to garnish the burgers to your liking.
- You can use pickles instead of fresh ones to give the burger more juiciness.
- Season with homemade keto mayonnaise, Dijon mustard or use keto hummus with cauliflower as a base for a vegetarian burger.
- Boil a few eggs or fry them and make delicious keto burgers with bacon, avocado, tomatoes and homemade keto mayonnaise.
- Add olives, fresh herbs and spices, hot peppers or a few slices of avocado.
- Replace keto burgers with fresh lettuce leaves.
- Use chicken – steak, breast or other – to make chicken keto burgers.