Have you tried baked cheese with an aromatic crispy herbal rind? If you are not, definitely these recipes that we have selected for you will make you fall in love with the taste of this specialty. It is so easy to prepare and does not need many ingredients.
We present you 3 recipes for roasted brie, goat or cow cheese, flavored with appetizing spices and served as an appetizer or dessert.
Keto roasted Brie cheese with crust
Elegant. Creamy. Keto. Enjoy the great taste of roasted Brie cheese combined with spicy and fragrant fresh herbs with crispy toasted nuts.
You can also serve grilled Brie cheese as a dessert with homemade keto raspberry jam.
Preparation time: 50 minutes
Nutritional composition in 1 serving: 6 g of carbohydrates, 35 g of fat, 13 g of protein and 387 calories.
- keto pie pie
- a piece of brie cheese
- 50 g pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp thyme
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
Method of preparation:
- Prepare homemade keto pie crust in advance.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and cover the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Roll out the pie dough between two sheets of parchment paper, lightly sprinkling with coconut flour.
- Cut the shaped dough according to the size of the brie cheese.
- Place the crushed pecans (or walnuts), garlic powder and thyme in the center of the rolled dough. Put the brie cheese on top.
- Spread the rolled pie crust with beaten egg and wrap around the cheese. Cut off the excess dough if necessary.
- If there are tears on the dough, press it with your fingers or add a little dough.
- If it gets too hot so you can’t shape it, put it in the freezer for at least 10 minutes before baking.
- Brush the brie cheese wrapped in pie crust with a beaten egg using a brush.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on the crust.
- After 15 minutes, you can check for readiness, as coconut flour can burn faster. It depends on the oven.
- If necessary, apply aluminum foil.
- After baking the brie cheese, let it cool for 10 minutes and harden slightly.
- Serve grilled brie cheese as a delicious keto appetizer and enjoy.
- If you want to make baked cheese for guests, use larger quantities. Double or triple the ingredients and plan more baking time.
- Serve the low-carb baked cheese with keto crackers or on its own.
- You can also season with fresh parsley or thyme to get new exciting flavor combinations.
Keto roasted cheese with blackberries and walnuts
Baked cheese in the oven can be served as an appetizer or dessert. So delicious and nutritious that you can even eat it for lunch with a big bowl of vegetable salad.
We prepare a sweet and salty version of baked cheese with fragrant blackberries and crispy walnuts.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Nutritional composition in 1 serving: 4 g of net carbohydrates, 46 g of fat, 33 g of protein and 584 calories.
- 550 g goat cheese (cow or other)
- 260 g fresh blackberries (or blueberries, strawberries, raspberries)
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon steviola powder (optional)
- 30 g of walnuts
- Fresh rosemary
Method of preparation:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix fresh blackberries, cinnamon and steviola powder if using. Stir and set aside.
- Bake the goat cheese (cow’s cheese or other) in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside for a few minutes.
- Cut the walnuts into large pieces and bake them in a dry pan. Season with salt.
- Garnish the roasted goat or cow cheese with blackberries, roasted walnuts and fresh rosemary.
- Blackberries are so delicious and sweet that you may not need a sweetener, especially when combined with cinnamon.
- Feel free to replace blackberries with raspberries or strawberries. If the fruit is not juicy enough, put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Walnuts are a good source of healthy fats such as omega-3s. They contain a number of vitamins and minerals, antioxidants and good amounts of protein. They are low in carbohydrates and suitable for keto.
- Goat cheese is available in many varieties and degrees of maturity. “Semi-ripe” goat cheese varieties are best for baking. They have a very light crust on the outside and a soft inside.
- You can also use brie cheese, Camembert or other soft cheeses with crust to bake them.
Spicy baked cheese
Perfect appetizer or snack with low carbohydrate content. This baked cheese recipe is fragrant, appetizing and very tasty.
Choose your favorite semi-hard cheese. Combine it with fresh herbs, vegetables and olive oil and bake.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Nutritional composition in 1 serving: 3 g of net carbohydrates, 19 g of fat, 8 g of protein and 216 calories.
- 230 g cow’s cheese (feta or halloumi)
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- A pinch of hot red pepper flakes
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Method of preparation:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place the cheese in the center of a small baking tray.
- Spread the peppers and rosemary cut into thin strips on it.
- Sprinkle with hot red pepper, a pinch of sea salt and olive oil.
- Bake the cheese on the middle rack for 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes before serving the fragrant baked cheese.