A warming recipe for a stew of chicken millet and green beans – suitable for keto mode, nutritious and loaded with useful elements.
You can enrich it with other favorite vegetables, as well as serve it hot or cold – its taste and qualities are preserved in both versions.
Here is what you will need to prepare the dish.
Recipe for chicken mill stew
Preparation time: 1 hour
Carbohydrates per serving: 11 g
- 200 g chicken mills
- 3-4 grains of black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 200 g green beans
- 50 g of tomato puree
- 3 green onion stalks
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ¾ tablespoon melted ghee
- 100 ml broth (from the boiling of the mills)
- ¼ tbsp black pepper
- ¼ s.l. savory
- ¼ s.l. husk fiber
- ¼ tsp black pepper, ground
- Salt to taste
- 1 hot pepper, optional
- 1 stalk fresh parsley to serve
Execution of the recipe:
- Clean the mills. Rinse each under running water, remove grease, hard veins (if any) and any residue. Cut them into chunks, put in a saucepan and pour cold water about 7 cm above the level of the mills.
- Cook for about 40-50 minutes. When they boil, remove the foam, reduce the temperature and put the peppercorns and bay leaf in the broth.
- When they are ready, remove them with a slotted spoon and save the broth, removing the bay leaf and black peppercorns.
- Meanwhile, if you use fresh green beans (not from a jar), put in a separate saucepan water with 1 tbsp salt. When it boils, pour the green beans inside and leave for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the size. It should become brittle, but retain its crunchiness. When ready, strain with a colander and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the ghee and sauté the finely chopped green onions and hot peppers until soft, along with the garlic powder.
- Add the cooked watermelons, along with 100 ml of broth. Stew for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, ground black pepper, savory, red pepper and salt to taste. Stir and after a few minutes add the green beans.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes on medium heat. At the end, add the husk dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water. Stir.
- Serve your chicken stew stew by sprinkling each serving with fresh parsley leaves.
For the consumption of chicken mills
Also known as ventricles or stomachs, chicken mills are easy to prepare and very nutritious. They contain high-quality animal protein, vitamins, trace elements and connective tissue saturated with collagen.
They are delicious and stewed only with butter and a little onion, and suitable for a variety of stews.
They have a special texture and reaching soft, mouth-watering mills can often take up to 2 hours, especially if they are from old hens. You will distinguish them by the fact that they are darker in color and larger. In most recipes, their slightly tough structure is preserved. But it is a matter of preference for the by-product.