Crispy, appetizing and rich in flavors cabbage, prepared in two ways with low-carbohydrate ingredients. Our offers contain dairy products, but you can always replace the cream with coconut milk or coconut cream to adapt them to your diet.
Keto cabbage in the oven with cream and cheddar
Creamy cabbage in the oven with cheese, low in carbohydrates. An appetizing dish that will win a place of honor in your book of tried and tested keto recipes.
We present you a different option for cooking cruciferous and crunchy vegetables, which is worth not only to try, but also to repeat and repeat.
Preparation time: 10 + 35 minutes
Contains: 9 g of net carbohydrates in 1 serving
- 600 g of green cabbage
- 1 bunch green onions
- 110 g of ghee + more for greasing
- 350 ml cooking cream
- 120 ml sour cream
- 170 g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp seasoning ranch
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 170 g grated cheddar cheese
- bacon (optional)
For the spice ranch:
- 20 g of dried parsley
- 50 g garlic powder
- 40 g onion powder
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp dried onions
- ½ tbsp ground black pepper
Method of preparation:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Grease a tray or casserole measuring 33 by 23 cm.
- Cut the cabbage with a sharp knife, grate it or pulsate in a food processor.
- Melt the ghee in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Fry the cabbage and green onions for 8-10 minutes or until the cabbage is soft.
- Add the sour cream, sour cream, cream cheese and spice ranch. You can add bacon if desired (not included in the food composition).
- Reduce heat to medium-low, stir and simmer uncovered for 5-10 minutes until creamy.
- Pour and spread the mixture in the prepared baking tray and sprinkle on top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake on the middle rack, without covering with foil, for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Remove the pan from the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Use the spice ranch to flavor dressings, dips or marinades. Also, a jar with a mix of spices is a wonderful gift for family and friends.
- These rich flavors go well with grilled or baked meat or fish.
- Prepare a double batch and freeze the rest in small containers so that you always have a quick garnish ready for the days when you don’t have time to cook.
- Save even more time by using pre-grated cabbage salad – just avoid carrot mixes.
Creamy cabbage with cream and parsley
Prepare another delicious recipe – creamy and gently melting in the mouth cabbage with cream, which you can serve as a side dish to a main course. This low carb appetizer can be prepared and stored in the refrigerator or freezer and served at any time.
Preparation time: 5 + 20 minutes
Nutritional composition in 1 serving: 8 g of net carbohydrates, 38 g of fat, 4 g of protein and 397 calories.
- 650 g of green cabbage
- 55 g of ghee
- 300 ml whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 g of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp grated lemon peel
Method of preparation:
- Grate the cabbage in a food processor or cut it thinly with a sharp knife.
- Melt the ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cabbage and saute until it softens and acquires a pleasant golden brown color without burning.
- Pour the cooking cream and stir to mix.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for about 3-5 minutes or until the cream thickens and the texture becomes creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley and grated lemon zest just before serving.
- If you want to reduce your intake of dairy products, you can use coconut milk or coconut cream instead of cream.
- Gremola is an Italian spice that is made with lemon peel, parsley and usually with chopped fresh garlic. In this case, we missed the garlic, because the main product and the sweetness of the cooking cream combine well enough. Of course, if desired, add a teaspoon of garlic powder.