Moving your legs to an exercise bike will help you lose that belly fat that many want to remove from your belly. The exercise of the stationary motor, especially the cardiovascular, it helps us lose fat and gain muscle mass. A regular weekly schedule consisting of an interval of intense driving and another change in pace will help you burn calories and stimulate the elimination of fat to achieve weight loss at home or lose weight in the gym. Then we will show you a few modalities of exercise to burn calories on an exercise bike and get ready in no time with the help of this device.
1. Moderate intensity training with a stationary motor
If you are new to exercise and want to avoid injury or stiffness the next day, plan a workout routine that includes a minimum of 30 minutes of moderate-intensity cardiovascular exercise five to six times a week. Perform this exercise to weaken the stationary motor pedaling gently, in the operating range between 50 and 70% of your maximum heart rate. There are different ways to judge whether you are working in this range of effort. In fact, some bikes show a table of the machine that connects our efforts and heart rate.
If you can’t do a bike ergometer for 30 minutes in a row, you can divide it into 10-minute intervals to continue to take advantage of this activity and burn calories to help reduce fat.
2. High intensity training with a stationary motor
Once you control the pedals with moderate intensity and have the necessary hydration, it is advisable to increase the difficulty a little during your next motorcycle sessions. A study published in 2008 showed that overweight participants who exercised twice a week with high intensity and three times a week with moderate intensity lost more fat than participants who exercised moderately five times a week. This difference in fat loss occurred despite the fact that all participants burned the same number of calories in each workout.
When you get on the bike, increase the level or resistance in two of your workouts. This way you will get to burn more calories on a stationary bike in less time. Do this for 20 to 30 minutes at this intensity so that your heart rate rises to 75-85% of maximum. You will be exhausted and swollen, in addition to sweating a lot, but the effort will be worth it when you see your waist shrink.
3. Interval training with the ergometer
While moderate-intensity training begins to lose fat, high-intensity training fully includes the fat-burning engine. High-intensity interval training should not be present in all your workouts. Consider incorporating this modality into two or three workouts a week and you will achieve weight loss on a stationary bike when you least expect it. Use this exercise instead of the moderate-intensity workout explained above, and ask your personal trainer or qualified instructor any questions you may have about this type of exercise.
Tips for performing interval exercises on a stationary bike
When training with ergometer intervals, you should keep in mind that the intervals can be configured in different ways. If a minute or two is too long, make intervals of 30 seconds. To add a new challenge and burn fat on a stationary engine faster, do an intense interval of 5-10 minutes with two minutes of low intensity in between. Follow the steps below to do an interval training on a stationary bike and take advantage:
- Heat for 5-10 minutes on low intensity. Feel your joints heat up and increase blood flow. Your heart rate will also start to increase, but you should not do it excessively.
- Pedal for 1 to 2 minutes with high intensity and high pedal effort. Feel your heart rate rise as you reach a point near where you start snoring.
- Return to a lower level of effort for 1 to 2 minutes. Feel your heart rate decrease and your breathing become more controlled.
- Alternate a high level of intensity with a low level 10-15 times. One of the benefits of high-intensity interval training is that you lose a significant amount of fat in a short period of time.
- Complete your training by gently pedaling for 3 and 5 minutes to relax your legs after a workout and recover.